Marketing Services Coordinator – Part Time / 20 hrs a week
This position is located at our Pasadena Headquarters:
177 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91105
However, due to COVID-19, this position currently is work from home.
The Marketing Services Coordinator is responsible for organizing and managing logistics as well as completing tactical elements of the team’s marketing programs, events and projects. These include, but are not limited to: email marketing campaigns, social media posts (both educational and product focused), brochures, newsletters, and member and internal communications.
The Coordinator will manage all internal department requests made to the marketing department (ex: flyers, shipping, updating brochures, ordering materials, copy changes on website as needed, and eMarketing support). This role will manage and market our events (in person and online) once Credit Union is able (due to COVID-19 in-person events are currently suspended).
This role requires excellent writing and editing skills. As well as experience working with outside vendors to help turn an idea from the team into a finished visual piece. Serves as additional support to VP of Marketing and the marketing department.
What you’ll do:
- Work with interdepartmental teams, taking competing priorities, and organizing programs to meet deadlines with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work with the VP of Marketing and Senior Marketing Specialist on physical creation of marketing collateral, promotions and programs based on the needs of departments throughout the Credit Union.
- Create messaging for a variety of channels – Distributes drafts of materials to appropriate managers for input and approval prior to implementation.
- Order marketing supplies, giveaways and collateral and coordinate shipment to branches and other departments as needed.
- Maintain inventory on collateral, working with printers, mail house, and other vendors to assure timely production and distribution of promotional materials.
- Utilize desktop publishing software to create layout of marketing materials including basic signage, flyers, and print ads.
- Use appropriate channels to communicate marketing promotions to staff members.
- Maintain high standards for all marketing materials, using copywriting/editing/proofing skills, ensuring little to no errors.
- Contribute to member engagement marketing efforts and community marketing.
- Handle monthly member statement inserts and marketing messages.
- Maintain updates and schedule periodic reviews by all departments for public-facing website content in KnowledgeBase.
- In addition, performs other duties as directed by the VP Marketing / department.
What you’ll need:
- An open-mind, be curious, eager to learn and to continuously build your skillset.
- Skilled in project management and an understanding of marketing concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Some experience with desktop publishing/illustration software is preferred.
- Previous experience using WordPress for website management or other marketing automation tools, and landing page creation is a plus.
- Previous experience using email platforms like MailChimp is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2 years experience or more in Marketing or related field preferred.
- Credit Union or comparable financial experience a plus.
Nothing contained in this job description alters or modifies your at-will employment status with the Credit Union.
This job was updated on: 7/14/2020.