- New Fees Effective May 15, 2014
Please be advised that our new fee schedule will be effective May 15, 2014. Click here to view fee schedule.
- Attention Android OS 4.1.1 users
We have been notified by our mobile banking provider that mobile banking users who have phones running Android OS 4.1.1 are vulnerable to the Heartbleed attack. If you have an Android phone and are running OS 4.1.1, please upgrade to the latest Android Operating System and change your anytimeBanking password.
- Important Message
In light of the recent reports of the OpenSSL Vulnerability named Heartbleed, LA Financial would like to notify our Members that we are aware of this issue. LA Financial has performed an extensive inventory of its Internet Banking and Mobile Banking environment and has determined that our Internet Banking channels are not susceptible to the vulnerability of the OpenSSL HeartBleed bug. As a precaution, LA Financial Credit Union also contacted third party providers to ensure that they review their hosted services and confirm that they are not susceptible to this vulnerability. All of our service providers have confirmed that they are not susceptible to this vulnerability.
Please be alert to the possibility that during this time phishing emails with links that encourage changing online passwords to compensate for the vulnerability may be received.>
- Attention Apple Users:
Apple issued an important security update for mobile devices on Friday, Feb 21st. You should install this update as soon as you can to ensure your information is as safe as possible.
Please download and install iOS 7.0.6. If you're using iOS 6, download and install 6.1.6.
Tap Settings / General / Software Update / Download and Install.
You must be connected to a wifi network in order to download and install the update.
Additional details from Apple are available here: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT6147
- Long Term Care Insurance
LA Financial Credit Union is pleased to extend a new exclusive discount on long term care insurance. Through our partnership with LTCA you can compare rates and features from 5 leading insurers, and access discounts. Receive a free 10-Point LTC Shopping Checklist by Clicking Here. There's no obligation, explore your options today.
- A Message for Members about Account Security
The recent data breach announced by Target at its stores in the U.S. between November 27 and December 15 has created a high number of inquiries from LA Financial Credit Union members regarding the security of their credit and debit card accounts.
We want to assure members that your accounts with us are monitored 24/7 by an experienced team of security... professionals for any suspicious or potentially fraudulent activity. LA Financial Credit Union employs the most advanced fraud detection and prevention technology to guard members’ credit and debit accounts against unauthorized access and use. Here’s a quick update for your peace of mind:
•We are aware of the accounts that are known to have been used at Target stores on the dates noted above and we are watching the activity on these accounts closely.
•Our member service contact centers are experiencing unusually high call volume as a result of this breach and the coverage it has received in the media. Unless you see any suspect transactions on your LA Financial Credit Union credit or debit accounts, there is no need to call.
•If our security team observes any unusual activity on member accounts, we will contact members immediately to determine whether the transaction activity is legitimate and authorized.
•It is also a good practice for members to keep a watchful eye on their accounts and transactions and look for any unauthorized activity or purchases. VISA Credit and Debit transactions can be viewed 24/7 with anytimeBanking.
We will continue to monitor all members’ accounts for suspicious activity. Thank you for being a valued member of LA Financial Credit Union.
- PHISHING SCAM ALERT - 02/25/2013
We have received several calls from concerned members who have received text messages "phishing" for personal information. Please be aware, we do NOT use text messages to communicate with our members. Use extreme caution and contact us immediately if you feel you've been the victim of this text scam.
The ATM daily withdrawal limits have been increased. Now, you can withdraw up to $500 a day at any ATM. We have over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs! Go to http://www.co-opatm.org
, text a street address or ZIPCode to 692667 (my coop) or call 1-888-SITE-CO-OP to find your nearest CO-OP ATM.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING ATM / VISA DEBIT CARDS
Due to a recent ATM/VISA Debit Card upgrade, your PIN Number may need to be updated. You can do this by calling 866.985.2273. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Don't be a victim of a Foreclosure Rescue Scam! Many fraudulent foreclosure assistance firms claim they can help you save your home, but will instead make a profit from your distress through unnecessary fees and even by convincing you to sign over your mortgage to them. For more information about how to spot these scams and which businesses to avoid, visit the following websites: Department of Consumer Affairs and Federal Trade Commission. If you are having trouble making your mortgage payment, or you are worried about making your mortgage payment, please contact the Credit Union for assistance first.
- Important Reminder! The Credit Union would like to remind you that we would never solicit you for your personal information via email or telephone call. Do not provide your personal information to a website, email or phone call unless you have initiated the contact. If you have received an email and suspect it is a "phishing" email, please contact us at 800.894.1200.
- Notice: AnytimeBanking will be unavailable every Tuesday night between the hours of 11:30pm PT and 1:00am PT while we perform network maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- How Safe Is Your Money?
With all the news about failed banks, many people are asking... "How safe is my money?" Members of LA Financial Federal Credit Union need not worry.
- LA Financial's mortgage portfolio is only a small portion of total assets.
- LA Financial practices very conservative mortgage underwriting standards.
- Best of all, deposits at LA Financial are insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), an arm of National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
- Not one penny of insured savings has ever been lost by a member of a federally insured credit union.
Your share insurance is similar to the deposit insurance protection offered
by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The NCUSIF is backed
by the full faith and credit of the United States government. Most properly
established savings accounts in federally insured credit unions are insured
up to the Standard Maximum Share Insurance Amount (SMSIA), which is $250,000.
The insurance coverage on certain retirement accounts, such as IRAs and
Keoghs is up to $250,000. Generally, if a credit union member has more
than one account in the same credit union, those accounts are added together
and insured in the aggregate. There are exceptions, though. You may obtain
additional separate coverage on multiple accounts, but only if you have
different ownership interests or rights in different types of accounts
and you properly complete account forms and applications.
- New Law Promotes Access to Free Credit Reports Click Here for a free copy of your credit report.
- Discount Coupons Click Here California's hottest theme parks, hotels, and entertainment. Save money for you and your family with this exclusive member's savings club!
- Email Marketing from LA Financial From time to time, LA Financial will send out marketing and informational emails to those members who have signed up to receive these messages. Links in these emails will take you to our Web site for further information. Any action that you take in response to these emails, such as applying for a loan, will take you to a secure site where you will be asked to log in.
$1,000 Dividend Rate/APY**